In early March 2020, Sonic Healthcare USA began using real-time PCR (RT-PCR) testing for COVID-19, under the guidance of our COVID-19 Task Force. RT-PCR testing is the gold standard of reliable testing throughout our testing facilities.
We utilize the most accurate and up-to-date testing platforms and methodologies, to best detect and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
Our extensive testing infrastructure and expertise has allowed us to offer unmatched turnaround times and resolution of clinically complicated cases by our renowned consultative approach for these and all other approved solutions for testing COVID-19.
Recommended gold standard method for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) diagnosis.
It is clinically appropriate to utilize this method for the following:
• Persons who have had close contact with someone who is confirmed to have COVID-19.
• Hospitalized patients with symptoms.
• Healthcare facility workers; workers in congregate living settings; first responders with symptoms.
• Residents in long-term care facilities or other congregate living settings – including prisons and shelters – with symptoms.
• Persons with symptoms of potential COVID-19 infection: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea, and/or sore throat.
• Persons without symptoms who are prioritized by health departments or clinicians for any reason, including but not limited to: public health monitoring, sentinel surveillance, or screening of other asymptomatic individuals according to state and local standards.
Disclaimer: Health plan coverage may or may not be available depending on the reason for the test order.
1 CDC Interim Guidance for Rapid Antigen Testing for SARS-CoV-2
*Data on file
COVID-19 antibody/ serological testing is not indicated for primary diagnosis. Its main role is to establish prior exposure and/or population seroprevalence.
Combined SARS-CoV-2 & Influenza A/B Multiplex Assay with a single specimen collection. The assay uses highly sensitive, high-throughput RT-PCR technology for simultaneous detection and reporting of SARS-CoV-2 and Influenza A/B in upper respiratory specimens.